9 de agosto de 2019

#2 - Grey is... Manga

This year I haven't read too much manga, I think I am stuck with the same on going titles like Kuroshitsuji (the manga is doing amazing lately), I am a Hero and My Hero Academia. But I also found a non-japanese manga that I dare to say is the only work by a foreign author that I have enjoyed. I want to talk a little about it.

This manga is Grey is... by dee juusan, the story is about the friendship of two broken friends who help each other to deal with their past and ghosts. Sometimes it gets corny but the story telling is really well done in the last chapters.
The atmosphere of loneliness and longingness for a better life is nicely portrayed, and I really like the contrast between the characters.
We have White(black hair) who is the mind-centered guy, the one who looks like he has everything figured out when he really has not. But he is the one with the cold head and the person who always has a good advice.
Then, there's Black (White hair) who's childish and impulsive. He refuses to grow up and is usually in troubles. From the very begining is stated that he was abused when he was young, I think the story starts with Black wanting to jump from a building and White stopping him.
This event becomes important for them and they celebrate it every year. This is something I find really cute.
I won't tell details and what happens in the story, if someone happen to find this and wants to read it, I don't want to spoil it.
Friendship is the main theme in this manga, but signs of depression and self harm is explicity shown in this. I must confess that I wasn't expecting to be affect by any of this, somehow... when I read this, something in me got triggered...
In the first post I mentioned that I started to self harm again, well, this was the moment I did.

I don't know if this manga caused it or I was already in a unhealty mindset that reading this awaked the impulse to do it. thankfully I was in vacation and I didn't have to deal with this at the office.
There was a day when I didn't sleep at all and cried all night thinking the worst about me. This will sound pathetic but it was so long since I felt this way and I'm confused....I felt kind of proud when I saw the wounds in my arms... I liked how they look and to have a secret no one imagine.
and Suddenly I feel stupid for having this thoughts. At least, I don't feel this way anymore, but I want to keep reading this manga but I'm kind of scared to trigger this mindset again. Probably it was not the manga's fault but my own and I will be safe next time.

Anyway, the art is beautiful and althought the first chapters are not that great drawn, some details in the story were hard to catch, like sometimes it was hard for me to follow the conversations, they were talking about people not introduced in the story yet or past situations that are explained later but as the story goes on, the pages start to get more professional looking and the feelings are so sharp in every page, everything begins to make sense. I have mixed feelings for Black, I would like to identify with him (my thing with white hair characters) and my liking to characters that struggle and suffer but White is more relatable to me. White may look plain but he's probably the most complexed character since we are usually tell Black's side of the story but White's has holes that are a mistery even for the characters in it. I really want to know more about him.

Well, if anyone is interested in this, you can find it in the link below:
Grey is manga

You can also find short stories in this: Grey is in Webtoons

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Changing the topic, I start going to walk/run with some friends after work and damn.... my legs hurts so bad right now. I didn't even run but this pain is a bitch. I really wish to get to the moment I'm able to jog or run.





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

#9

I hate to be here every time I feel upset, sadly this is the only place I can vent my heart out. Today some friends and I got upset to eac...