17 de septiembre de 2013

Digimon Tamers es mucho mejor de lo que yo esperaba

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this when I started this blog, but I really miss how dedicated I was at Livejournal with my entries and updating and share stuff, although I didn't have any follower. Of course it's not that a I want followers here or anything like that, but sometimes I decided to not to write here because it's like talking to myself and better keep this thoughts to myself alone. And that's not funny at all.

So, I better start updating more again and enjoy it just like I used to enjoy writing entries back then. -before the heart broken and emo phase of course-

anyway, there's something I want to write about long time ago haha

Last month I re-watched Digimon Tamers. I have always been a fan of Digimon since I first watched it in English on Foxkid. I was 10-11 years old and didn't know a shit in English but for some reason I loved the show and never missed it (because I didn't understand English I didn't realized how stupid the English dub was) And I remember when Digimon Adventure was announced on Fox Kid Latinoamérica I literally cried because I was really happy that I was watching my favorite anime on Spanish. (I specially loved that the Spanish dub dubbed the original songs -Butter~Fly and My Will, and kept Brave Heart as Evolution song).
I don't know, but Digimon Adventure doesn't have a complicated plot and is really light somehow for my taste of course, but I love it so much! It really touched me then and I remember that I even tried to draw in the "Digimon Style", my sisters hated that and always bullied me because of that. I also remember being at school thinking how great would it be if I were a chosen child and being like Taichi. I wanted to be Taichi (=3=)9! Even more after episode 28 when he returned to the real world to realized how things works on the Digital world. And now I know this episode was directed by Mamoru Hosoda, one of my favorite directors make me love it even more!

Anyway, I decided to watch Digimon Tamers because when I first watched it on Jetix, I didn't like it that much, I even dropped it in the middle of the second arc. I hated that they show a totally different concept of the Digital world with their creators and all.....I felt they took the magic and fantasy from the Digimon and everything about them. But more than that, I really HATED the Spanish dub....Takato sounded like Bob Squarepants or whatever he is called and they added mexican jokes to the show. Just like they do in the English dub and that killed the show to me.

But now that I watched it in Japanese, I found out how LOVELY TAKATO IS! his voice is surely one of the most sweet and nice I have ever heard. And of course the show without all the idiotic jokes about "arroz y popotes" is pretty complicated. I could see how real and deep the plot is and I cried like a baby a lot of time during the 51 episodes this season has. Ruki is not the frigid bitch I thought she was and Jenrya is not the boring and plain character I saw when I first watched it.

This season has really beautiful music and great movies. -not as awesome as Digimon adventure movie though- I'm really in love with Makoto Tsumura's voice and Masako Nozawa as Guilmon is pure WIN. I never thought I would enjoy this season as much as I did, I even drew fanart as crazy and when I feel the urge to draw fanart after watching something is because it really, really hit in the deepest of my soul. I love Digimon Tamers now and I'm really sad that the american dubbers ruined it completely.

Yeah, If I had written this some weeks before, I would have made a better review and talked about every little detail I found during my obsessive mood around Digimon. (/3\) I know ....

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

#9

I hate to be here every time I feel upset, sadly this is the only place I can vent my heart out. Today some friends and I got upset to eac...